LUCI: Tuesday, April 27 meeting

The next meeting of the Linux Users of Central Illinois is tomorrow,
Tuesday, April 27, 1999, at 7 pm at the Illinois State Museum
at the corner of Spring and Edwards Streets in Springfield.  If you
need directions, see the ISM directions page web site at

    http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismsites/main/directions.htm

This month's meeting will be devoted to news from Comdex/Spring, which
was last week up in Chicago.  (For those of you who didn't make it,
don't feel too bad.  Other than the Linux stuff, the show sucked.
Caldera giving away free booze was nice though, I must admit.)

The biggest news from Comdex, in my personal opinion, was the release
of Caldera's OpenLinux 2.2.  Way back in '96, I was impressed by the
install of a new distribution - the Caldera Network Desktop 1.0.
Well, Caldera has impressed me again...  The install of OpenLinux 2.2
must be seen to be believed.  To prove it, we'll be doing a
demonstration of an install on a random PC.  (Exciting, huh?)

And yes, we will be giving stuff away.  Show up if you want to know
what we've got.  ;-)

As always, bring any questions you can think of, and we'll do our best
to answer them.

See you tomorrow.  :-)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month