LUCI: Meeting Dec. 4, 1997

The first meeting of the Linux Users of Central Illinois is Thursday,
December 4, 1997, at 7 pm at the Lincoln Library (Carnegie Room South)
in Springfield, Illinois.

The topic of our first meeting is "What can you do with Linux?"  We'll
have demonstrations of various applications and games, as well as a
discussion of the server, router, terminal server, and other
capabilities of Linux.  There will also be demonstrations of Linux
running on non-Intel platforms.

We also have the following to give away:

    * Mouse pads, T-shirts, pens, and other items from Red Hat
    * Bumper stickers, copies of Linux Journal, and other items from
      SSC
    * More from O'Reilly and Associates and possibly others

Plus we'll have drawings for a free copy of Applixware from Red Hat
and Wabi from Caldera.

For more information, take a look at our web site,

    http://www.luci.org/

or email info@luci.org.

with "subscribe luci-announce" (without the quotes) in the body of the
message.

We're still working on picking a permanent day and time for our
regular meetings.  We'd like to hear from everyone who would like to
attend meetings in order to schedule the most convenient time for
everyone.  If there is a particular day and time that would be good or
bad for you, let us know by emailing info@luci.org or by joining the
discussion on the luci-discuss mailing list.  Just send a message to
majordomo@luci.org with "subscribe luci-discuss" in the body.

(217)698-1694             | First meeting December 4, 1997 at 7 PM
Steven Pritchard          | http://www.luci.org/ for details